Thursday, August 14, 2008

Homemade Hummus

I can't remember where I got my first recipe but I chucked it and went based on flavor and the convience of my Vitamix.

Ingredients:
1 can of garbanzo beans
1/3 of the bean liquer in the can
2 cloves garlic
2 tbsps olive oil
3 tbsps tahini (sesame seed grounded into paste)
1 small lemon (juiced)

I take everything on the ingredients list and throw it in a vitamix or a blender. Once it's mixed together, into a tupperware and into the fridge for chilling. If desired, top with a whirl of olive oil and pinenuts.

Hummus comes in handy for rice cakes, any fresh crudites, and especially in lettuce wraps which will be a recipe I'll post later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

"the bean liquer"..
does this mean what is left in the can after removing the grabanzo beans?!

Can i buy tahini in the store?

thanks !!

Anonymous said...

Is sabra hummus Candida Diet friendly?