Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Welcome Welcome!

Thanks to my best friend's persistant suggesting and the duration of time I've been on this Candida Combat diet as prescribed by my Naturopathic Doctor, it only made sense to collect all the recipes I've followed, made up, dreamed of, and collected (This is month four in the diet for my hubby and I).

As for the diet, it's a yeast-free, gluten-free, wheat-free, sugar-free, no carb, no preservative, organic meats, lots of fresh veggies, brown rice/quinoa/millet/amaranth for grains (only those....), no soy products, no nightshades, kind if diet. As described by the Doc, the diet will help (me) kill off a yeast overgrowth (pretty common in a lot of people....) and well as help my husband ween off his epileptic pharmaceutical meds (sugar is a trigger in most epilepsy cases, according to the Doc). So four months ago, we got the 2 page lists of DOs and DONTs and started on what felt like a deadening and un-holy restrictive diet.

What you will have to prepare yourself for is all the cooking you'll end of doing. I love to cook so it's not a big deal for me but the dishes and all that action in the kitchen sure will take up your time. Think of it this way, YOUR HEALTH IS YOUR ULTIMATE WEALTH. You get what you give, look at me getting all "wise".

Be prepped to hate the rest of the world for a little upfront. Soon it should get easier to pass by 7-11 without getting caught up in the ice cream and chips. You'll find that everything you'll be cooking is fresh, you'll be using fresh ingredients and you'll come to realize just how much of your old diet was filled with things most people can't pronounce.

I vote for fresh food. Check back for more recipes. And to the right is a great food list to get started, keep you going, and get you full. Happy Cooking!

1 comment:

AC said...

i LOVE it i LOVE it. and i LOVE it again!!! Yay, this is very exciting and useful for me and i think it will encourage others who believe this diet is impossible. you should tell people more of your story...they'd dig.