Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Olive & Spinach Pasta

This recipe is for the pasta but I usually serve it up with a nice fatty salmon steak, simply pan-fried or grilled with salt/pepper with a splash of lemon and/or Braggs.

Ingredients:
Brown Rice Pasta Spirals
Spinach
Canned Black Olives
Garlic
Olive Oil
Black Pepper

The brown rice pasta was the most exciting thing, when I found it at DownToEarth. It's just brown rice and water, milled a certain way mixed with water and dried into nice spirals or noodles. I like the spirals. I set a pot of water boiling, then fill the pot with enough pasta for 2. I cover the pot and let it boil for 2 minutes then turn it off completely (still covered) and let stand for 10 minutes. By then, the pasta comes out cooked, you saved energy, and you're almost done with your dish.

I slice the black olives into rounds and wash the spinach. A couple cloves of chopped garlic get sauteed in olive oil. Add the olives with some salt and pepper, then some spinach. Once it's wilted, I add the cooked pasta. A couple of stirs till it's all heated together and onto a plate with that sauteed salmon.

No comments: